Monday, May 8, 2017

Something has to give

I'm dying from complications of all my autoimmune conditions. So no matter what I've been doing eating healthy it just hasn't been enough. I've been eating  gluten free for my celiac for almost 6 year, Ive been eating paleo since January this year but have not lost any weight and continued to actually feel worse and worse. My anti thyroid antibodies went up and a lot of my blood levels dropped so I ended up needing blood transfusions. So now Im here, asking whats next?

Am I doomed to suffer, stuck in bed for the rest of how ever long I have on this earth? Im weak, depressed, and in ridiculous pain. So I decided I can't live like this anymore. My immune system and stress is so overloaded I keep getting more allergies. My immune system keeps attacking itself and giving me more autoimmune conditions every time I turn around. so I need to make it take a chill pill without shoving more pills down my throat! So alas I've been toiling around with researching for years but even deeper the past few months.

Through the past few years I've fell in love with Young Living oils. Thieves oil has saved me many times from infections. I've done numerous "experiments" and not put it on vs putting it on when I go out and I can tell you 100% of the time I get sick when  I go out without my thieves oil. If there was something I would buy for the rest of my life its this! AND its natural with NO side effects, plus it smells fabulous! Ok, back to food. SO I'm trying to eliminate problem foods and eat foods that feed my body!

I've been learning more and more about a diet called the Autoimmune Protocol diet. I purchased this book on Amazon and have been eating the AIP diet for a little over a week.
thing I have learned:

Even with mostly eating healthy there's a lot of chemicals I didn't know I was ingesting.
I lost 5 lbs. Need to lose 20.
I am thoroughly exhausted and need to do big batches of food to freeze.
Its ok if you have a weak day and eat a gluten free cracker.
Too much veggie and fruit will spike your sugar too high.
Even sweet potatoes need to be eaten in moderation.
This diet is HARD but Ive read countless people and in support groups where people have had breakthroughs.

To me this isnt an option, Im trying to live out my life as healthy as I can. I want to actually live and stop spending every day shackled to my house. Its depressing, lonely and Im over it!

So I will update here how my progress goes. The good, the bad, and the ugly...well prob only a tiny bit of the ugly!


No comments:

Post a Comment