Sunday, November 21, 2010

The incredible Edible EGG

Breakfast is so far, eggs, eggs, or eggs...scrambled, omelet or fried? For Lunch I had some left over shrimp, rice, and broccoli. The most frustrating thing is I Love to snack! Nachos are my favorite and Im not supposed to have cheddar cheese, or any cheese I suppose. I really want to try to eliminate these things, I have been so sick and recently diagnosed with Inflammatory Bowel disease on top of other autoimmune diseases. I am praying that by switching my diet I will be healed. I have more energy but my stomach pain has actually gotten worse. Anyone else have this issue?
Yesterday, we went to a few different markets around town and the prices are really not in our budget. Being allergic to oats, our main question is, can I still eat meat that is grain fed oats? This is a complex question. In reality we are what we eat. If we can get antibiotics from the meat we eat that they are given then eating a meat that was fed oats I can prob absorb the same right? There is only ONE market that has grass fed meat and its extremely expensive! It was 10.56 for our meat for tonight. Luckily we found sweet potatoes on sale for 28 cents a pound so that's going to be our dinner tonight.
Praying that this pain subsides church is going to have some awesome testimonies of people that have overcome many obstacles especially health ones. Its most important to be filled with positive stories to overcome and heal yourself.

Well, We just finished the grass fed meat. VERY different than the meat we usually eat. The lady in the store said to cook in a crockpot on low so that's what we did. I added parsley, oregano, salt, onion salt to it for flavor, but Parsley was over powering and not the flavor I was going for. I think next time I will marinate with some olive oil, salt, onion, and garlic. We put the sweet potatoes wrapped in tin foil in the oven on 400 for 1 hour and added sugar and butter when they were done. The other thing I have found is the lack of eating carbs has made my blood sugar drop a lot, so Im drinking more juice. I just had my first Soy coffee and it was good actually. Now to go to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment