Monday, January 14, 2013

Where a Kid can be a KID

Having autoimmune conditions or allergies is exceptionally hard, but it is especially hard on children. Having two girls who have to  be gluten free too is often a reminder to them  how different they are. I've avoided Chucke cheese like the plaque because to me, it was a place over flowing with  delicious pizza aroma, uncontrollable laughter, and yet a reminder yet again to  kids who cant be included in the fun. I was elated to  find out that Chucke cheese has jumped on the band wagon to really make their slogan true, "Where a Kid can be a Kid". Chucke cheese has accepted that even kids with celiac and gluten intolerance want to be accepted and included in having fun. I spoke with the manager when  planning a small party with them and he was kind and compassionate, there was no attitude toward all my questions and he explained to me in detail on the phone and in person when I questioned him again to  make sure he was aware of cross contamination issues. Their pizza comes in its own container that can be cooked by itself  there by not allowing contamination. They did not even open it until it was on the table. I realized I had not brought my own pizza cutter and then to my surprise they have their own pizza cutters, also still wrapped in plastic that read gluten free on them. I was thinking that the kids might not like the pizza, but  both of my kids ate their whole pizza! I stole a bite and it  was actually tasty! They are pricey, normally 6.99 a pizza but we were blessed the manager comped our substitute for both my girls and really made our experience one to  remember. They also have gluten  free cupcakes available but I always make our own cakes so I'm not  sure how they are. I will be checking them out in the future though. I was so happy to  see my girls happy and enjoying their pizza just like everyone else. It will be an experience we will remember for years to  come!

Gluten Free Pizza! yummy and delicious!


Brianna's gluten free cupcakes and princess cake I made! :)

She loved it!!

Fun times! Being a kid!!

Gluten free cupcakes : ) I will do  another blog post with details about these! Have a  great day and  don't forget to live your life deliberately to have fun no matter what obstacles you are facing today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment